Anglican Centre - Diocese of Nelson
48 Halifax Street
Phone: +64 3 548 3124
Fax: +64 3 548 2125
Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Research of family histories, buildings, etc.
Yes, 10c per page. No marriage records can be photocopied
- Research by correspondence and over the counter $25.00 first hour, $20.00 per hour thereafter. Minimum charge $10.00.
- Copies of baptism certificates $10.00
- Wedding certificates are not available through this office
Anglican Centre receptionist
Material relating to the history of the Diocese
Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Nelson registers relating to the Cathedral (and in the early days, surrounding districts) dating from 1842
- All Saints’ parish from 1868, Blenheim from 1870. Registers for all Anglican churches in the Diocese which includes Marlborough, Golden Bay, Nelson, Kaikoura and most of the West Coast
- Baptismal, marriage and burial records of Māori. Marriage records prior to 1850 written in Māori.