Changes to the South End of the Library
From 7-10 March we are making changes to the Fiction end of Elma Turner Library, in response to your feedback on ways we can make it easier for you to find your favourite books and other items.
- The popular displays (recently published items, recently returned items) and hard to find collections (Large Print, DVDs and CDs) will be moved closer to the centre of the Library.
- As many authors now write in a number of different styles, and you often tell us you find it tricky to track down titles by your favourite authors, we are going to amalgamate our fiction into one collection, so that all the works of one author will be shelved together.
- The Young Adult area is moving to a new space with more room.
There will still be quiet areas for reading and laptop use and lots of areas for browsing. We have already installed a staff station so we can be more available to help you.
While the area is being re-arranged, 7-10 March, it will not be open to the public:
- Staff will be available to retrieve the items you want. Some items may be unreachable for a time, and for these we will provide free reserves.
- There will be some disruption to our public access computers while they are being moved.
- The public toilets in the Nelson City Council Customer Service Centre will be available for your use during the re-arrangement.